Writing on the walls.

2:46 PM

I spent my summer in crocs.

I spent my summer begging the sun to toast my skin.

I spent my summer rolling silverware. Polishing wine glasses.

I spent my summer sorting plates in a dish pit.

I spent my summer in a sweaty gym.

I spent my summer with John.

I spent my summer on a scale.

I spent my summer changing the unchangable.

I spent my summer planning her wedding.

I spent my summer fighting weakness.

I spent my summer getting to know a boy, avoiding the inevitable.

I spent my summer counting money.

I spent my summer in a chef coat.

I spent my summer with my hair up.

I spent my summer painting my nails.

I spent my summer avoiding graduation.

I spent my summer missing friends.

I spent my summer getting away.

I spent my summer doing lunges.

I spent my summer fighting tears.

I spent my summer driving: island, to mainland, and back.

I spent my summer learning the words to a song i'll never sing.

I spent my summer searching for protein.

I spent my summer finding style.

I broke through layers. I became myself more quickly. I let him in. I let them all in.

I spent my summer introducing my myself: Mariela, like Cinderella.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe