Lately:

11:22 AM

I stop to pray. A lot.
I've realized my need for Him
and how. much. better. life is when
it's not up to me.
I make myself run because TURKEY TROT.
I deep clean things. Often.
Close friends feel farther away
and family can't get here soon enough.
I've been researching costume ideas
for all the parties I'm not attending.
I wear the same tan flats every day.
Every. Day.
I've become grossly aware of how much I sweat
when in stressful situations (i.e. interviews).
Any excuse to give my hair one more day is
the perfect excuse.
I daydream about the kind of aunt I'll be,
the kind of flyer miles this baby is gonna get me,
and how incredibly far I am from ever having my own.
My skin has gotten it's act together.
I don't feel the need to wear a mask of foundation.
My moisturizer is the most expensive thing in my make-up bag.
I fill up my tank in case I want to skip town.
I do that thing where I avoid getting groceries
(because spending $7 on every meal feels less painful than
spending $50 at once.)
Loving myself feels less conditional.
Loving others seems less challenging.
Because lately, I care less about random expressed opinions
and more about what the people that actually love me have to say about my
character.
(Adulthood, amirite?)
I teeter on the edges of confidence and self-improvement and
salted-caramel-mochas ON A WEEKDAY. WHAT.
My room is in a permanent state of "that's where my DIY project is gonna go..
when I do it..
next weekend."
I shamelessly self-promote:
www.marielalaura.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe