31.

11:47 PM

                                                                                                       
                                                                        
                  
Today, I weigh 197 pounds. 
31 pounds from where I started that day I passed out on Jon the Trainer's floor.
And while I don't know any girl that would be proud of this number,
i am.
A lot.
I know the kind of work i have left to do,
because the goal is far, far away.
I know I'm not skinny.
I know this took forever
I know.
But if I had to make a list, 
I'd write here to China about how 
God has blessed me.
How He answers prayers.
How He changed me. 
I'm not who I used to be.
I don't love myself all the time,
I obsess about things that don't exist to others, 
I have very little to say about my self worth.
but
(thank goodness for words like those)
all that's left are pictures of
someone
who looks just like me
but was never comfortable, 
never fulfilled, 
never stood a chance at making me proud. 
Here's to progress
and discipline
and sweat
and to being ok with right now, 
197. 



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Can you post an after picture? Please that one that you sent me yesterday. If you don't, I will.

    This is not a threat.

    I repeat, this is not a threat.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming this is bean. the truth is:

    the world does NOT want to see me in my underwear.
    They're gonna have to wait til its bikini ready...
    (which is actually a bra and underwear if you think about it.. but still.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your honesty, this post makes me want to go to the gym!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe