Tomorrow:

2:32 AM

is Valentine's day and in celebration, I'm:
waking up at 5:15 to workout, study, and do all the homework i didn't do over break,
going to class,
taking a test,
falling asleep in class (because really, it goes 3 hours too long)
camping out in the mac lab until they kick me out,
and ignoring every inclination to be a bitter, single, college senior.
At some point, I'll get a text that says
"Happy Valentine's day. I miss you."
and it won't really mean anything.
Because its a great day to love,
and be open about emotions,
but i have a feeling it has little to do
how we really
feel.
I'll see happy couples,
and couples playing the part,
and wonder if there's something wrong with me,
if i lucked out,
if being alone beats settling for crummy company.
Valentines day has lost its cause on me.
Probably because I'm alone,
but more likely because the day after
treats me
better.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe