Monday

2:50 PM

I complain about being busy,
but make time for everything
except
the One that matters most.
A good life, without
fear
regret
insecurity
doesn't just fall in your
lap.
Here's to praying while on the
sidewalk
because He deserves my
attention
and all i have to do is
ask.
I'm sorry God,
because I still think I'm better off
fighting my own
battles,
avoiding the chance to give this to
you
and make it too
easy.
Fix the broken piece that
would rather die trying
than ask for
help.
This is me:
giving up
(to You.)
Because there's nothing left to
prove
besides the truth that I still trust
You.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I know exactly how you feel. Its stressful to keep it inside and fight for yourself, but its stressful to keep up a relationship that seems so one-sided sometimes when you're being pulled in a thousand different directions.
    I'm right there with you praying on the sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one that prays in my "spare time". That sounds so horrible when you write it down, but we do it everyday. Don't you feel like you only need God when you want something? When everything is going great, we don't need Him, yet he always wants us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you have given up, it's only a matter of time till those pineapple start piling up at your door. Just wait for it :0)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe