truth

2:31 AM

is relevant.
and will never be the same.
right now i know
(as much as anyone could really say is a sure thing)
a few things:

i should only be allowed to
argue
through letters
or carefully written scripts.
because after the fact,
every emotion i couldn't say
comes back to haunt my sleep.
and every reflex i yelled
or thought
or acted on
clouded any judgement that could've
avoided
the fight in the first place.

i should no longer worry about things that
dont
worry about me.
nothing:
my bank account,
my future,
my past,
my mistakes
my calorie intake
stays up on nights like these
thinking about me.

i should throw out the
picture
i painted of myself in my
head.
i'll never be as
perfect
strong
together
as my photoshopped
cropped and chopped
version
and its time i accept
how extremely ok that is.

i should apply the
same reasoning to
the prince
that was created to
sweep me off my feet.
i deserve amazing love.
maybe not today
or next thursday
but someday its gonna happen.
i'll never find him if i only look
for something that doesn't
exist.

and finally.

i should let go of
the pressure i choose to
not change too much
not stay the same
not miss a beat
not just be
because in 30 days
i'm driving away.
and somehow,
life's gonna have to go on
like it always does.
it's ok.
(i am too.)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe