2012

8:12 AM

I wrote this over a year ago.

and didn't even know the half of it.
 
In case you missed it I:
moved to Tennessee.
found incredible roommates.
lost some weight.
(30 pounds since last year,
50 pounds total.)
ran the happiest 5K in the world.
fell for someone who really messed things up.
started working full time
(and part time, too, when times were rough).
struggled with a southern accent
and with depression--
making saints of
everyone in a
37 mile radius.
trekked New York with
friends and foreigners,
as well as
Berrien Springs
Lexington, KY
Kansas City
Sunny Florida
and every Tennesee podunk in between.
gave even less flips.
learned
learned
learned:
   defense
   argumenting
   every inch of Illustrator
   apologizing
   not apologizing
   yoga
   proper posture
   friendship unmaintanence
   customer service
   ya'lls
   honesty
   budgeting
   substrates
switched to expensive makeup (=)
I became a woman.
missed my parents.
And simpler times.
And became one of those people that
go to sleep at
9.
I lived for weekends
Until I realized that's not
living.
I addicted myself to live music.
went to a cornbread festival?
straddled too young/too old.
I still suck at volleyball,
and have such a long way to
contentment.
But even after losing count of
rock bottoms

I showed this year who's boss.

  
 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe