Yogi.

1:09 PM



If there's only one thing my
(short, hardly impressive)
yoga practice has taught me is that
at any point in my
moment, day, life,
all I can control is within the 4 corners that surround me. 
How I handle what's inside those 4 corners--
actions, attitude, attention,
my body, my mouth, my heart,--
are everything.
and nothing else.
It is not my job to carry the conscience
of the inconsiderate
any more than it's my job to
make sure they get their
justice.
I have no responsibility
and have to ignore common reflex
to make sure what has hurt me
also hurts.
That leaves everything outside
outside.
I won't continue to apologize:
I am uninterested in your
unrealistic comparisons
of what a body should look like.
I am unconcerned with
unreachable goals
such as skinny.
I'd rather be healthy.
I'd rather be proud.
I'd rather be me.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe