Yet another recap:

4:14 PM

Everything

(weddings,
the car accident that made things better,
weight battles,
my first apartment,
my first new car,
my first raise,
too many flings,
heartbreak,
the fourth of July,
Dollywood,
a solid birthday,
not even one holiday without family,
Bahamas!
angry texts,
all the sickness,
all the haircuts,
all the things i bought and never used,
the 5k that was actually easy,
(never enough) concerts,
lonely saturday nights,
lonely weekdays,
loneliness,
everything that hurt,
everything i dreaded,
the memories made with people i'd rather forget,
every spin class,
every Bang Wednesday,
every printed typo,
every morning I wanted to snooze indefinitely
because I forgot to keep searching for purpose,
the tears,
the sweat,
the exhaustion)

has lead to this moment--
understanding my worth and
choosing to fulfill it.
If I had to sum up 2013 into one word, it was the year of
growth;
not quite done straddling
but closer than ever to the end of the line
between young and adult.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe