CrossnotsoFit

4:45 PM

Due to an unfortunate event
involving a tiny foreign object and my contact lens,
I am having to postpone Crossfit: Month 2 Day 1 (2.1?)
until I can see out of both eyeballs.
Probably Wednesday, according to my work schedule.

So instead, I'll do the logical thing and just talk about it.

When people ask me how it's going.. I still don't know how to answer.
I don't love it.
I don't hate it.
I'm not good at it.
I don't completely suck.
I show up. Do what they tell me. Try not to die.
I don't know the acronyms.
I don't speak the language.
I'm winded just from warming up.
I'm the only girl with a serious double-bra dilemma.
or any kind of wardrobe malfunctions in general.
I am easily the biggest girl in that box,
which isn't really an issue until burpee time.

In fewer words:
Month 1 was not fun.

From what I hear, that's not uncommon.
"Everyone was a beginner at some point."
"In another month you'll look back and laugh at your WOD times."
"The struggle doesn't go away for anyone."
and to top it all off, you don't start losing weight until at least 6 weeks in.
Six. Weeks.

So.
I could've ran the other way into something more comfortable,
inconsistent, ineffective,
but doable.
Where I don't have to be the awkward new kid
or scale my workout to the point it's unrecognizable.
Or:
go against all instincts and
sign up for Month 2.
(and according to the bathroom-selfie shoot I did last night in my underwear)

I'm an official member of Crossfit Mayday.

#help

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe