1/4

1:15 AM

25 feels a lot like 24 but
more rebellious.
I stay up late,
I wear things that don't match,
I keep chocolate in my cupboards.
My hair-up days outnumber my clean-and-curled days.
I carry the same cognac leather bag with every. thing.
People under 25 feel worlds younger than me.
even if they're 24.
I've realized the amount of time I've already spent with myself
is nothing
compared to how much time I have left.
You would think it's common sense
and yet
I still haven't learned how to live with myself.
How to pick me,
what I need,
what I'm proud of,
what I most value,
before considering a compromise
and what that means for my progress.
I've spent the majority of these years
selflessly loving selfish things.
I'm behind on my fighting.
I'm fully grown
except for my backbone.
It's not 25 that's hard.
It's whatever distance of life it took to
be important to yourself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe