14.

10:42 PM

Somewhere

once there was a place i would go
knowing you'd be more than willing
to keep every promise you've ever
written

between

its not that you're not there anymore
its not that you lied
its not that you've left me
here

this

not really a matter of what i need
or an arguement of whether or not
you've done enough for
me

and

never has it only been me
that my decisions have affected
they reach the ends of
us

what

i've found that even when its all right
when everything has lined up just so
that i have nothing to
say

you

the only thing this constant
never changing, never failing
never once a doubt that you'd
stay

do

i ever make you ache
with the pain of seeing pain
the pain felt only by a
father

I

your daughter have hurt myself
walking away into places and lives
i'd rather you never had to
see

left

and promised i would change.
my promises are not like yours.
they become lies before i even
swear

never

will i give any credit to
the strength you have granted
never keeping record of
grace

to

or from the way my hands shake
at the thought of asking
for forgiveness having to
free

admit

for the millionth time
that i have ruined the
same thing once
again

fault.

i never learn.
i'm sorry.
this time, you don't have to
forget.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe